Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Simple Seeds #4

Exd 3:4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here [am] I.

Moses was on the backside of the desert tending sheep. He went from royalty (adopted son of Pharaoh) to sheepherder in the desert. Do you ever wonder, “God what happened”? As you are going along your path everything is going your way. Then all of the sudden you see something that you cannot agree with. In Exodus 2:11 Moses is grown up. He went out and looked on the burdens. God was taking him from a place of comfort to show him what God sees. ‘To look’ means to be visible, to cause to see, to perceive. Moses’ eyes were opened to the call God had for Him. I don’t think he realized that the plan would cost him everything.

What is everything? (Everything is your will) God wants you to walk in the fullness of all that you really are (His son or daughter). He has all power and authority over every situation and he is calling you! Unfortunately, many hear the tugging of the Lord but they are too consumed in themselves, or the events around them to answer. Moses heard the call and ran from the kingdom to a desert place to rule and reign over sheep..

I know the feelings. “God, I have obeyed you. I thought I was in your perfect will in the kingdom. I was blessed there. Now I am here in a place of survival watching stupid sheep”. We need to realize that when we answer the call of God we are becoming sensitive to the things of God.

Exd 3:3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt. Exd 3:4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here [am] I.

What Moses thought was lost was found in this encounter with God. He was not Pharaoh’s son. He is God’s son. We are not sons, or daughters of this world. We are God’s children and we move according to His words not the words of the enemy. He has given us authority over all things. I can’t help but think of the words spoken to Peter by Christ. “Peter do you love me? Feed my sheep”. Moses was doing this. He was feeding sheep and leading them through the desert. I believe this was a trial run for when Moses would lead the children of Israel to this same place!

The enemy will lie to us so we will think what we are doing doesn’t make a difference. Do you ever think, “I am just doing the same thing day after day. I am so bored”? This is the voice of the enemy! He wants you to focus on yourself so that you will not accomplish great things God has in store for you. There is destiny for you through obedience. The enemy does not want you to obey. He wants you to walk day by day murmuring and complaining.

God has called you as a leader. A leader is one who is a follower of Christ. One who leads people to Him. One who will not listen to the voice of the enemy.

John 8:44 says there is no truth in the evil one. Satan is a liar!

Webster’s dictionary states that a lie is: A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.

A lie is anything said that is not true. A lie is something that does not exist! Satan is the father of lies, there is no truth in him. As a believer we are to be wise to his tactics and by speaking the word (Bible)only. He does not exist!! We are children of the King. Satan’s words have no authority over us. We have complete authority over him. His words mean nothing. I can hear his voice, “It’s cancer”! Your mind may wander thinking, “My father/mother had cancer. My grandmother died of cancer. Cancer runs in my family. See, now I have cancer”. No! No! No! I understand that there may be a report of cancer. But, there is a higher ruling from the courts of Heaven that states Jesus paid the price for every sickness and disease for Us. The truth is, by His stripes we are healed! This body has to be all Jesus has called it to be. There is a mission for You and I . I do not have time for the lies of the enemy!

Webster’s Dictionary says:

A liar is a person who is known to have a tendency to tell lies. Most people have little tolerance for liars. It is often only necessary to be caught lying once to be labeled as a liar and not trusted again. This is of course moderated by the importance of the matter being lied about.

Answer this question. What makes Satan any different than someone you know as a liar? We are so used to hearing lies we think they are the truth. The Bible says: Jhn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. How can we be free to do all God has for us if we do not walk in the truth of who He is? Jesus is the truth. He is the spirit of truth living inside of you.

One more thought:
Moses asked God a question, “When I come to the children of Israel and they ask me who the God of our fathers is. What should I say?” Exd 3:14 And God said unto Moses, “I AM THAT I AM. Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent Me unto you”.

I AM means: to become, to come to pass, exist, happen, to come into being to become, to arise. Jesus is calling us to arise in Him to show the world what true freedom is. We have been called to break the bands of wickedness and to see the oppressed go free.

Now walk in truth and walk in the fullness of all God has called you to be!




God Bless You

Pastor Tim