Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Simple Seeds #12

Being lost is a horrible feeling. I remember one night I was asked to preach in Oxnard California about 115 mi away from my house.
Knowing it would be a long trip, I asked someone to drive me. On the way home I fell asleep. I woke up around 4:00 a.m. Why was I still
in this car? I popped up to see we were driving down a road near some quarries. I immediately wanted to know
where we were. The driver answered, "I don't know." Having no clue myself I grabbed my cell phone and dialed 411. I needed someone to talk to.
I told them what streets we were passing and they stayed on the phone with me until we worked our way back
around 15mi or so to get pointed in the right direction.

When the children of Israel were walking toward the red sea I'm sure they felt the same way. Moses, "Where are we going?"
I don't know probably would not work well here either.

To be a person God will use to speak and follow the word can be a lonely place at times.
Especially when they were going the opposite direction to the way out of Egypt.

People have a hard time comprehending they are following a spirit. Everything you are following in your own senses will not work here.
This is a place of being led.
Jhn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself;
but whatsoever he shall hear,[that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

When God brings you to this place He is teaching you along the way about himself. The Holy Spirit is truth which will shine
and expose things you may not want to see or face. You may not even think anything is wrong. The Holy Spirit is
our guide and He will lead you into truth. Jesus wants you free.
Jhn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
The world does not believe in things they cannot see even though some of the most valuable things to us are invisible.
It would be stupid for me to say, "I don't believe in oxygen", even though I can't see it. I simply know its there
because when I need it I have it.
The living word of God is the same way. You may not see it, but when you have a need Jesus is there.
Jesus will speak to us through His word to meet the needs of others.
Moses completely relied on the word. He could not trust in Himself. Moses made at deliverance before when he
killed an Egyptian, that didn't go so well. You may think you have the answer in yourself, that won't go so well either!
Moses had to trust in what the Holy Spirit was telling Him.
You need to understand that when the word is given to you it is precious. God's word is the most valuable thing you have.
God has given us His word to save us from ourselves.
You are not a slave. You are free. The word makes you free.
Pharaoh charging toward Israel represents things in your life from the time of slavery that are trying to keep you from
freedom. Do not let things from the past keep you from freedom.
David wrote:
Psa 77:19 Thy way [is] in the sea, and thy path in the great waters, and thy footsteps are not known.
The way Jesus is leading us is not known by our flesh. His way is in the sea "Baptism" to be filled with the Holy Ghost!

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem,
and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

When the Holy Ghost fills your life you will receive power to go forward beyond your capabilities.
Exd 14:15 And the LORD said unto Moses, "Wherefore criest thou unto me? Speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward".
It is time to go forward. God is calling us.
Act 2:1 And when the day of pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

God has given us a pillar of fire for direction.
God has destiny for you!
Are you ready?
Pastor Tim